Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

PowerShift was Awesome!

PowerShift this past weekend was the beginning of the Clean Energy Revolution! 6,000 youth from across the country converged on College Park and Washington, DC to get inspired, share ideas, and lobby Senators and Representatives on launching our nation's move towards clean, renewable energy and green jobs. It was amazing and inspiring; the energy was very positive, the event was well-run, and our meetings with our Senators and Representatives went off very well. After our rally on the West Lawn of the Capitol, hundreds of youths danced to the music, celebrating the coming together of a hopeful movement, one that will bring prosperity to our economy, our society, and our security. The movement has truly kicked off, and we are committed to seeing our positive vision become reality.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to have been able to attend Powershift 2007!! I saw the much viewed video of Van Jone's speech, which was inspiring and really finalized the audience to move forward as a group to rally.

Check out my coalition's efforts smnr.us/lobbyday.during Powershift and learn www.energybill2007.org and get the facts about better fuel and energy standards!

katy campbell said...

Hi,
I am a student at WSU. I am researching offsetting companies for one of my professors. One of the companies I am researching is Native Energy. My professor told me that Native Energy offsetted the 6,000 youths that traveled to D.C., and that she wants me to find out the details about the offsetting. I have gone to Native Energy website and they have not posted anything yet about it.
If anyone knows how I would get some information about this, please let me know.
Thanks
K.Campbell my email address
katykay97@gmail.com