Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

For those of you just tuning in--welcome everyone from the Environmental Defense page! I have completed a journey from Mount Rainier, Maryland to Chiapas, Mexico. I am currently on a journey from Mount Rainier, MD to New York City. I am writing from Baltimore, Maryland. In September, I will begin a new journey from Mount Rainier, MD to Natal, RN, Brazil. I will be accompanied by three to-be-determined riders. (Please email me at pauljosephpark@gmail.com if you are interested!)

After packing in the morning, I left my house at half past noon. I first went to my Honduran friend's house, where I fixed one of her bikes and we shared some bagels and doughnuts. She showed me the letter from the Immigration Services office saying that her application for temporary status was denied. She believes she is going to be deported, though the letter states there is an option to appeal. My sister used to work in this field, so I am putting the two in touch. Then I headed to the MVA to renew my ID. It took an hour for that process, but meantime I called my mom telling her I would probably make it to Baltimore on the day, and I asked her if she knew anyone I might be able to stay with. Sure enough, she had a contact, the fine folks at the Jonah House, and she put me in touch. It was actually Kathy Boylan of the Dorothy Day House in Washington, DC who made the connection with Liz MacAlister of the Jonah House, but it all worked out for me to stay there tonight. I made forty-two miles on the day.


These are some pics from Baltimore.





Mike and Eda of Jonah House and I.

No comments: