Pages

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Biking to Pittsburgh

This Saturday thru Thursday, I will be biking 360 miles from my home in Mt Rainier, to the C and O Canal in Georgetown, to Cumberland, along the Cumberland and Pittsburgh/Great Allegheny Passage Trail to McKeesport, PA, and then onto Free Ride Bike Coop and the BikeBike! Conference in Pittsburgh! It is going to be a beautiful ride.
I hope to raise awareness of the international climate negotiations coming up that Bush is trying to sabatoge--MoveOn.org and Avaaz.org, an international grass-roots organization, are working together to create a powerful media blitz in the areas where Bush will be meeting, phone call blitzes and other mass actions to demonstrate to widespread international support for immediate climate action. This will overwhelm Bush's special interest efforts. To donate to that cause and have your donation be matched, click here. This really is an international cause and will require international cooperation.

I will be blogging on my ride to Pittsburgh. I will learn more about community and non-profit bike shops and projects, get new ideas on how they run, and make important contacts--including developing relationships with other DC area community bike projects. If you would like to join me for the ride, or come to the conference, please email me at pauljosephpark at gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey PJ! I can't believe I've never checked out your blog before. Foolish me. VERY COOL. Keep up the excellent work.

Peace,
Emily