Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Undoit Petition jumped to 815,000 signatories!

Mike Tidwell of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network has said that more than anything, we need to get political to save our climate (see interview with Mother Jones). I started my bike to brazil trip with the idea that what we need most to deal with crisis is national legislation. I collected signatures for the Climate Stewardship Act. When I started, the petition had 619,000 signatories. After a few months, it had 642,000. I moved away from the petition for a while, considering the Safe Climate/Global Warming Pollution Reduction Acts as perhaps better. I have now moved back to the Undoit campaign, and have collected signatures at the BikeBike! Conference, at Little Friends for Peace Camps, on the C and O Canal Trail and the Great Allegheny Passage Trail...and the word has gotten around recently, because the petition is getting close to a million! You can tell anyone to sign on--at undoit.org. We only have one chance to save our climate, and our chance is now. Please read and sign if you have not yet. Add your name to 815,507 names to save our climate!

No comments: