Pages

Friday, November 24, 2006

Austin

Here in Austin, after 2200 miles of biking, I will rendezvous with three Canadian bikers, and eventually four, as the fourth is on his way from New Orleans.

Allegedly Austin has lots of bats that live under the bridges of the major roads--and the bats put a hitting on the mosquito population.

I have camped out the last two nights, and I visited a Brazilian bike shop (the owner, Nelo, is from Sao Paulo) and a Brazilian music/clothing/food store, Ana Brasil. I spent thanksgiving with a Salvadoran family I met cruising the neighborhoods, and I got a wireless card for my laptop--hello wireless coffee shops!

4 comments:

Nick Kantar said...

Hey rapaz,

Met you at Ana Brasil's in Austin. I wish you bloaks well on your trip. I'll follow your trek.

I would like to do this with you guys in the future.

Nick the guitar player

MJ said...

Hi PJ

Sounds like you did have Thanksgiving after all . And you are moving along. Did you get the package Mary Clare sent ? I hope the connections go well with the bikers

Glad you got the wireless card and things seem to be coming together to soon pass into Mexico

Happy Advent - your journey fits with the meaning of the season .
Prepare ye the way - for a better environment - journey to Brazil like journey to Bethlehem . Finding inns and seeing if room in the in .

Peace

love
MOM

Amador Loyola said...

Tudo bem PJ,
I met you at AnaBrasil, and called around to get prices for the wireless card you needed. I am happy you chose to come through Austin. I might go to Natal in March/07 and maybe I'll see you there. Music for your trip - check out myspace.com/ticodacosta he is from Natal and very good.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Alannes.

Unknown said...

nick--nice to meet you, and thank you for the great songs you sang relating to my trip.

mom--got the package from mary claire, the t-shirts. will be offering them in exchange for a donation.

alannes--thanks for calling around for the wireless card prices--I got a card at that discount electronics you told me about for $20--they were tremendously helpful--they installed it and made sure it worked for no charge.