Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Moving towards Houston

I set out momentarily towards Houston along the Louisiana Gulf Coast. Should be very swampy, with nature reserves and campgrounds along the way. Oil rig workers, I anticipate, will be the main other users of the road I take. The trip to Houston is 280 miles, and it should take about five days.

Lafayette has been a wonderful stop, with gracious hosts Mike Clayton, Justin, Josh, Dr. Griff Blakewood, Susan, and other SPEAK (Society Promoting Environmental Action and Knowledge) members at USL. All the students at the SPEAK meeting signed the undoit.org petition, as did many students I ran into in the student union. I even met a Brazilian from Northeast Brazil (Fortaleza).

After I ate a vegetarian meal at Lara's II, which they comped, I was interviewed by the local paper, The Advertiser. I'll post the article on the site when it comes out.

No comments: