Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giddings, TX

I am in Giddings, TX, 57 miles from Austin. I should be in Austin by tomorrow afternoon to celebrate Thanksgiving with Rebecca--a college classmate, and the Canadian bikers.

Stopped at the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory today and received a complimentary scoop of Mocha Almond Fudge, with a dab of Cinnamon Ice Cream on top--excellent!

Then I went to Mariachi's Mexican Restaurant (these were both in Brenham, TX, the "birthplace" of Texas) and met some highschool soccer players. One of them was the owner of the restaurant!--Giovanni, who inherited one of the three Mariachi restaurants when his father, the owner, passed away. Giovanni's two brothers run the other two joints, one of which is just outside of Austin--I plan to stop there for lunch tomorrow!

Giovanni comped my lunch, and I signed an autograph for him. One of the class places I have stopped at--hit them up if you are in the area and mention my name for some special service and conversation.

No comments: