Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Brownsville

I am in Brownsville, which is on the Mexican border at the southern-most tip of Texas. People have been very friendly here. I met a man named Len while I was eating at a Subway restaurant. He saw my bicycle--he is a cyclist--and asked if I was going to ride it all the way to Brazil. I told him that was my plan and he asked if he could help in anyway. I told him I was working on a lead for a place to stay but it wasn't coming through at the moment. I told him he could sign my petition on global warming and he immediately did. He also said if nothing turned up I was welcome to crash at his couch--he lived just a couple blocks away. And he left his phone. Nothing came up and I took him up on his offer. I have since met many nice folks in his RV community. Folks are here from Upstate New York, Iowa, and many other places.

On crazyguyonabike.com, a website for touring cyclist where I have another blog that I don't use as much, I posted a classified in search of other cyclists to join me. I have had several replies and one may work out. I am ready to cross the border anytime now, though.

No comments: