Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2006


Christmas Tree in downtown San Antonio, next to the "Alamo". Wonderfully decorated, eh? Near this tree, I ran into the Canadians again! Three of them were in San Antonio, another had gone forward and is probably in MX (Mexico) now, and the fifth is in Austin till he finishes building a new horse (bicycle) for himself. He biked four centuries (hundred miles in a day) in a row! That must have taken a lethal toll on his horse since he had to leave it to the wayside. The others will probably wait in SA for a couple more days for him to catch up.

My typical road look. Taken by the editor of the Southside Reporter, San Antonio. Next week, Wednesday, should be an article on clickitsa.com. This editor, Susana Haywood, is from Argentina, was stationed in Mexico City for many years, and will be connecting me with AP journalists along my route. How great!

I just ate at this Mexican restaurant "Jalisco"--food deriving from the Southwestern Mexican state of Jalisco--and the staff there were excellent, made me some burritos with "nopales", which are fried cactus leaves with the spines removed, and thay all took a photo with me. Then they made a donation for one of the UNDOIT t-shirts.

Here is the staff from the Jalisco restaurant I just ate at. SEXY, no?

3 comments:

Betty Scholten said...

Hi PJ,
This is my third try at sending you a message. I got a crash course at your parents' house on how to do this on Monday when I was at a PTAG meeting.
I'm excited about your progress and the message you're bringing with you. And a century day, WOW! And thank you for taking the time to keep us all informed about where you are and what you're doing
San Antonio looks like a really nice city. Will it be hard to leave and head for Mexico?
Well, PJ, safe journeys as you head into Mexico.
Love and peace,
Betty

Unknown said...

Hi PJ, I did not realize you were an Obie grad. I'm the Panamanian science teacher you met at the Alamo in San Antonio. Both my friend and I graduated from Oberlin back in 1998. Best of luck on your journey and I look forward to hearing more about it when you pass through Panama.

Nyasha

Unknown said...

sorry that it is difficult to post comments on here--i did not know you had to sign up for a google account to make a comment before i started this blog here. I am now in Kingsville, TX, where Texas A&M is--but all the students have left for christmas vacation. it is like a ghost town almost..