Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Kingsville

I am in Kingsville, now, the home of Texas A&M University, where they started Texas Hold'em I think. I slept in a park last night--the town is essentially empty with all the students gone for vacation. Two more days of riding to get to South Padre Island, where I will relax on the beach a bit and research route and other bicycle journeys that may be concurrent with mine.

In Calliham, TX, the stop before Kingsville, I camped in the Choke Canyon State Park and witnessed some alligators. I took some photos, too, which I will post when I get to a place that has wireless internet. Now, I am using a kind biology prof's computer.

Long stretch of road coming up with no towns. Fifty-four miles between towns. I will fill up with food and water for that stretch in case I have to stop overnight along the way. But if I leave Kingsville tomorrow morning, it should not be too difficult a trek. Actually, I think today I will bike sixteen miles to Raymondville, the town just before that stretch.

I am beginning to keep a journal of writing on my laptop, some of which I will post here. Later.

No comments: