Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Victoria

I am in Victoria now, and I found the Canadians after a couple hour long quest. All I knew was that they were staying with a group of mountain bikers who sometimes do professional cycling. It was like a treasure hunt, asking folks where I could find info about mountain biking groups, and whether a group of Canadian cycling tourists were staying with them. I got to tour the city while I was at it.

I am staying in the residential quarters of a Catholic Church, and another family has volunteered to feed me some meals. I did laundry today, played soccer, and tried to get a SIM card for my phone. And I hung out with the Canadians. Now I will go show my photos to the family that has been making gorditas--tortillas filled with frijoles--and other delicious food for me. They want my family to visit, and they think there is a chance I will never leave Mexico...

5 comments:

Redwing said...

I finally downloaded the free google earth program so I could keep track of you PJ! Your exploits are wonderful and I feel that I am with you....thanks for your efforts to clean up our earth...BTW our family is now signed up for 100% wind power through Pepco Energy Services (0% emmissions!) -joe

Anonymous said...

Hey PJ!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I've been reading your adventures online while safely sitting behind my desk in downtown Minneapolis. What an adventure you're having! I am very grateful that people are feeding you and treating you well PJ. I looked on google earth a minute ago to see your whereabouts. It looks like the Mexican terrain might be a challenge. . . in case riding a bike to Brazil wasn't challenging enough! Good luck on your journey and until we meet again in May, I'll continue reading your blog. Take care PJ! Your Aunt, Terri

MJ said...

Pablo,

We assume you are now n the nature preserve with the Canadians. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Dad

lenf said...

Hope all is rolling along well. Thought you might smile to know that when I went for Chinese takeaway yesterday, the folks there asked about your progress.

Chinese working in a Texas/Mexico border city asking about a guy from D.C. biking to Brazil... (grin).

Regards,
Len

Unknown said...

Hey Lenf,

I am curious as to where exactly that Chinese restaurant you are referring to is?