Pages

Monday, September 18, 2006

Bicycle Route 1

The path through DC and the Mt Vernon Trails were wonderful. after that I was mostly on Route One which was pretty trying at times.

learning how to deal with traffic on an interstate...

today I saw lots of roadkill, several raccoons. mostly the drivers respect the yield triangle I wear on my lower back. Today, my knees started hurting so I am icing them.

tonight I will research more my route here at my bro's house in Fredericksburg.

The bicycle route 1 is different from the interstate route 1 but I have yet to find a detailed map of it online. Anyone know where to find it?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, PJ, I am really proud of you! I heard RandMcNally maps are much more accurate than MapQuest but I'm not sure about Route 1.

I am working on a response to Senator Saxby Chambliss. I heard on NPR that he is reconsidering his stance on the McCain bill.

Looking forward to your arrival in Atlanta!

much love,
Sarah, Andrew, and Griffey

Sarah said...

p.s. please be careful and go gently! pace yourself--if your knees are hurting you already then best to go slow.

Andrew's good friend lives in Ashville NC if you are going through there you could stay with him and his family.

Unknown said...

Hey!

I'm proud of you! Sorry your knees are hurting. Don't try to do to much at one time...You don't want to pull a muscle.