Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Richmond to Burkeville

Leaving the beautiful James River riverside drives and elegant houses, I ventured West on Genito Road, (604), Bike Route 1 South. A two-lane road, as are most of the roads making up the bike route, Genito lead me across a reservoir and into rural central Virginia. While during these miles, I was primarily focused on getting used to the new handlebar arrangement, the scenery consisted of forest and fields, small houses and dogs sounding the alarm of a passerby riding something that looks like a rolling ox; I saw cows and horses, occasionally goats, once an alpaca, and another bison. I enjoy mooing at the cows, talking to the horses, baaing at the goats, and challenging the bison from the safety of the other side of the fence.

My goal was to reach Twin Lakes State Park that night to camp out, a 73-mile total ride for the day. By nightfall, I had reached 63 miles, and the driveway of a brand new countryside home. More to follow...

No comments: