Pages

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Some Pictures


Pavle, Lucas, me, Felipe Castro, and the other Felipe. All tenis players at Newberry College in Newberry, SC.

Some new friends at Newberry College.

Me and a girl from Newberry College.

Me and some guys from Newberry.

From left to right, Pavle of Serbia, me, Felipe Castro of Rio.

The Felipes and Lucas, Felipe Castro on my bike, as I head out of Newberry and they head to tenis practice.

The Felipes and Lucas (Felipe Castro on bike).

Calhoun Falls, SC, on border with GA. Where I am now.

Heritage Corridor, Nature Route near Calhoun Falls, SC, bordering GA.

Sunset on the road in Western South Carolina.

Ponies checking each other out.

My little ponies.

Ponies in the field on the way to Newberry.

Another shot of the road.

The road continued on the other side!

Steady steed ready to ford the stream.

Mile 31. I headed down the "Road Closed" path...

On my way out of Great Falls, this turtle was getting some sun in the road. I moved him to the side...

This is TJ, my gracious Fire Department host in Great Falls.
This is me at the Great Falls Fire Department where they put me up for the night.

2 comments:

John Stith said...

Hey PJ,

Great photos! Great adventures!

We have some undoit.org t-shirts we can send you. How many do you think you would want? Would you like different sizes so you can hand them out? I realize you don't want to be lugging around lots of t-shirts. I could send several small boxes of t-shirts to different hosts along your route (including our friends in Montgomery, Alabama) if that would help.

Also, I have a friend in Columbus, Georgia -- let me see if he can host you too. I wonder when you'll be in Columbus. Are you planning to stop a few days in Atlanta?

By the way, Route 80 from Columbus to Montgomery is a beautiful ride and probably bike-friendly, though I don't really remember how good the shoulders are. Be sure to stop in Tuskegee, a great town, if you go that way.

I'm having trouble getting responses from you through the blog -- maybe you should email me directly at john.stith@gmail.com.

== John

Unknown said...

Hey John,

Yes, I would love to get some T-Shirts. Could you send some to my sister's place in Atlanta? I'll send you her address in an email when I get it.

Tuskegee is going on my itinerary.

PJ