Pages

Sunday, October 01, 2006

South Carolina

Okay, I'm in South Carolina now. People in NC said it would be the same--strip malls, boring, southern conservative people, more bike animosity. Well, I have noticed a pleasant difference. More laid back, more happy people--they don't drive as fast, they give me more space and time on the road. The scenery is gentler, natural, long fields of cotton, fishermen lined up on the bridges and land banks just chillin. Young teen boys doing the same, even in canoes.

My average speed has gone up to 15 mph in SC, and when I made a wrong turn after dark last night, it was ten miles before I found out, and I had made it back across the NC border! Stopped at a motorcycle saloon and they put me for the night in this white, new building with nothing inside yet. See my route for today at left.






No comments: