Pages

Friday, March 09, 2007

God Bless US Postal Service

At Hotel Imperial and Flamingo's Restaurant.

So I went to the Veracruz Postal Station to see what may have happened to the envelope my dad sent me with my check card. They asked me if it was in a box or an envelope. I said envelope. They asked if it had a confirmation code or not. I said no, it was sent normal first class mail, and that it was sent four weeks ago. They looked to see if it was in the office. When they determined it was not there, they explained that mail from the US takes 2-4 days to reach Mexico, where it is delivered first to Mexico City, and that is where the bottle neck is, "el cuello de la botella," he said. From there, it can take four to six weeks to reach the town it is destined for. So, he told me, we are still in the normal time period for the arrival of your package. I can appreciate more now the efficiency of our nations postal service! He said to come back next Wednesday and check to see if it has arrived. I think I may take some journeys around the Veracruz region, perhaps to Xalapa, Monte Pio, La Antigua, etc. as I wait for the card, on Mexican time.

No comments: