Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

Maya Pedal

Michael Karpman just emailed me this article (click here) about a point of interest in Guatemala where they build pedal-powered machines of all types. To see Maya Pedal's website, click here.
This was my response to Michael:
Thank you, Michael. I plan to stop at Maya Pedal. The article gave me a better understanding of the place. I am interested in building a bicimaquina that would generate electricity to charge a battery. I have been to energy fares at a power plant where they try to teach you to save energy. They had a station where you had to pedal to light up bulbs. They would turn on one, two, three and four bulbs so you could feel how it was harder to pedal with more bulbs. They also showed the difference between fluorescent bulbs (easier to power) and incandescent bulbs.

PJ

No comments: