Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pictures from Hotel Imperial: I got my camera!!!

Tag-team receptionists Xochitl and Mariela.

Me and Bernardo's brother, also a lawyer.

Posing with the norteno band--check out the tiger stripes on the bass.

Straight gata Carla.

Juan receiving his birthday cake at the party last night.

Juan receiving his birthday cake at his party last night.

Receptionist Xochitl ("Sochitl") and I. Xochitl means flower in the Aztec language of Nauhatl. The goddess of flowers, Xochipili, is featured on the 100 peso bill.

Cashier Carla from Gutierrez Zamora posing with the flowers.

Juan Velez' birthday party last night. From left to right: Imajin, Bernardo, me, Juan Velez, Ana Cervantes.

Luz, Anabel and I.

Anabel and Luz.

Luz and I.

My friend Anabel and I at the beach at night.

Anabel and I at the beach at night in Veracruz.

Bell boys Victor and Junior.

Bell boy "Junior", also a good soccer player.

What's up, world?

Friend and lawyer Bernardo, also friend of hotel owners. His father and Juan's father were both big lawyers in Mexico, and that is how they know each other. They are all following in their fathers' footsteps.

My friend Cuautemoc Benitez Patino, who is a tour guide and has gone on bicycle tours, motocross bike tours, and basically one of my biggest fans.

Getting the gloria at the tricycle vendor stand.

Anabel and Luz getting a raspada or a gloria, which is like a snow cone in a cup. Anabel's had raspberry and banana, I think.

Anabel and Luz cannot compose themselves for a photo on the beach.

Me and Luz on the beach at night in Veracruz.

My friend Luz, who I met through Anabel.

Luz not yet ready for the photo.

Receptionist Anabel on the right, her friend Luz on the left, my eyebrow on far left.

From left to right: Hotel manager Juan Velez, cashier Carla, me, Jorge/Pelon, Ana, Tuny, Manuel.

Workers in the La Revolucion restaurant, next door.

La Revolucion manager Marina (the restaurant next door, which actually helped me before I met the owners of the hotel).

Tuny taking care of a bill.

Waiter Manuel showing is tray skills. Leandro in backround.

Waiter Leandro with some drinks, waiter Manuel, and cook Maria Guadalupe in the backround.

Waiter/bartender Julio. Loves to dance to reggaeton song "Salio el Sol" by Don Omar.


Waiter Manuel. Big-time fan of soccer powerhouse Chivas Guadalajara--who by the way will be playing the Washington, DC United this Thursday, I think, in Guadalajara. Chivas and DC United tied 1-1 in the first leg of the match up in DC. Whoever wins the upcoming game will play the winner of Houston Dynamo and Pachuca (another Mexican powerhouse from the state of Hidalgo) in the final of the tournament. Manuel and I are constantly talking about our teams' matchup. I don't know who is going to win. Chivas have the hometown advantage, but DC is still capable of an upset/winning. Manuel is a good soccer player as well.


Cook Maria Guadalupe with some of her artwork.

From left to right: waiter Tuny, cashier Carla, restaurant manager Pelon ("Baldy")/Jorge, Ana Cervantes, and waiter Leandro--a good soccer player.

Ana Cervantes and Carla, in the hands of Pelon.

Cashier Yanet--a sweet girl, lived in San Francisco for a while.

Bellboy Victor. He is a great guy. Stands with the model of the Hotel and the base of the oldest elevator (it's still functioning) in Latin America.

Receptionist Pati; she is actually from a town, Minatitlan, that is three days down my path.

Hostess Karime and I.

Cashier Yanet and I.